Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Year Left..What would you do?

Today is December 21, 2011. According to the much publicized Mayan Prophecies, we have one year to get our stuff in order. Whether you believe the hype, or not, or realize the Mayans were simply stating the end of their thirteen cycles and didn't think they should bother going beyond, I'm wondering, what would I do if I knew I had one more year.


At age 50, I've lived more than half of my life expectancy, which I guess is now somewhere between 74 and 78 for American women. Looking back over my life, I can't say I have too many regrets. I may not have lived an exciting life, but that's relative to each person's perception of exciting. I don't climb mountains. I've never done an Iron Man competition. I've never been to Europe. The only border I ever crossed was into Canada. I have never wanted to be a celebrity at anything. I am content that I've lived life the best I knew how to do it. I may not have been the best humanitarian but I tried to take care of my little piece of the world. 


What would I do with one year left? What will I do?  Keep things simple, just like I've tried to do most of my life. Love my family with all my heart. Appreciate the blessings I've been bestowed, even the things that don't seem so good, have their place. That's it. That's what I'm planning for 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment